Small business owners are constantly looking for ways to save money. With that in mind, below are 10 cost-effective ways a small business can engage with customers successfully on social media.
- Consider what draws people in: customers want to feel valued for who they are, not seen simply as a way for you to make money. Consider ways that you can have conversations with them, even if it makes you vulnerable, so they understand that you want to help them succeed.
- Ask questions that are relevant and engaging: engage your audience by getting them involved through more in-depth conversations, shared experiences, or taking a poll. Anything you can do to increase customer engagement will bring your business more attention and keep your post higher in the newsfeed.
- Have a giveaway with incentives for sharing: offer your customers something of value then have them share on their social media sites as an extra incentive. This gets your name out in front of an exponential amount of people in a cost-effective way.
- Continue asking for likes, reviews, and follows: engaging with customers should be a priority for any small business. Encourage your customers to like your social media pages, review your products and services, and follow all your social media sites to help your social engagement grow.
- Use videos: videos are a wonderful way to sustain exposure and gain more followers. Keep it short and to the point and make sure branding is a priority by including your logo on the video.
- Encourage customers to engage in social media while at your physical location: when a customer visits your location, encourage them to use your hashtag on social media. As a bonus, add a television screen that can display posts in real time that have your hashtag. This can be a strong motivator for people to see themselves on TV.
- Nurture the people: social media is about community, so it is important to always take time to nurture the people within your community. You can do this by making them feel valued on your sites.
- Use different approaches for different audiences: some customers may be looking for a bargain while others are looking for a quality product. Keep that in mind when posting on social media.
- Use Facebook advertising: this form of advertising can be very affordable and help your brand reach a wide audience while targeting your demographic.
- Outsource your communications: consider using a social media freelancer to communicate your ideas to your audience. This will encourage higher engagement rates as a freelancer talks on the customers level.
By using the tips above, your business can successfully engage with customers on social media in a cost-effective way, regardless the size of your business. Contact RedWave Technology Group to learn more about our social media marketing services.