Is your business struggling to reach millennials? If so, below are some ideas to help you grow your business in the millennial marketplace.
- Referrals: not much is stronger than one friend telling their other friends just how great your product, service, or event is. This is likely the strongest tool for marketing among millennials.
- Having a company that does fun stuff: when you provide fun events for your employees and clients, your business will get a lot of attention. These events can be engaging and cost-effective. During these events, you will typically find Millennials using their phones to broadcast the experience to the world, thus bringing attention to your business.
- Facebook pixel: Facebook pixel re-targets Millennials within the Facebook app itself, but also advertises your business to others within this large social network, reaching other millennials where they like to hang out.
- Facebook live: Facebook live is a great way to target millennials as you give them something to watch on their phones. You can use Facebook live for your business by featuring fun events you do or by simply interviewing those with a strong brand following.
- Use Facebook groups to provide exclusive content: there are many Facebook groups that are highly engaging and are growing consistently. You can tap into these groups by providing valuable content to millennials. This can significantly increase your online presence as you increase your social media engagement, sales, and website traffic.
- In-app discounts and coupons: typically, a millennial is more apt to try and use a service or product if they can save money on it. Providing coupons within an app can encourage millennials to try what you are offering. This can be a very cost-effective way to bring in new customers so you can wow them with your service.
- Using social media: marketing through social media is very cost-effective because the only investment is your time. It is also a very effective way to engage your millennial audience. Keep your social media posts interactive by having polls and contests, and by responding to every comment.
- Contests and giveaways: these are a great way to engage your audience. It is best to offer experiences over products so Millennials can take photos and videos of the experience to share with their contacts over social media. Encourage them to tag your business to help with brand awareness.
- Marketing campaigns that are segmented: like every other generation, millennials are not all the same. You can expect them to come from different backgrounds and have different interests and preferences across the board. Take a close look at your millennial customer base so you can target them accordingly.
- Give back: Millennials tend to enjoy participating in things that give back to the community. If your company is charitable or provides opportunities for millennials to volunteer, they are more likely to do business with you.
- Using video: videos are a wonderful way to reach millennials with your content. Try using a camera until you become comfortable with it; then you can become proficient in creating videos that reach the millennial population. Once you become proficient, you can begin recording short videos each day to post online.
- Content that is user-generated: Millennials tend to prefer learning from their peers rather than trusting advertisements, so the best way to get their attention as by having a millennial do the talking. This is easiest done by allowing your customers to create testimonials and tagging your company.
- Niche influencers partnership: you can greatly expand your reach with Millennials by using an influencer. It is best to find an influencer that understands your niche, though. You should only be interested in content that is high-quality.
With a little bit of extra work, any company can reach millennials. By following the strategies above, you will be on the right track towards getting your business in front of the millennial population. If you need help with social media marketing, give RedWave Technology Group a call today!