Cisco CP-7940G IP Phone
Cisco Systems is the true market leader in state of the art Voice over IP Telephony products and solutions. The Cisco IP Phone 7940G (CP-7940G) is a key offering in the Cisco 7900 series IP phone portfolio providing rock solid stability and advanced features that are synonymous with the Cisco brand. The CP-7940G is designed to meet the communication needs of today’s office environment capable of handling medium to high traffic volume. It is identical to the 7960G except it only has two programmable line or feature buttons which can handle 4 simultaneous calls instead of twelve. The 7940G includes a large pixel based LCD display, full duplex speaker phone and an internal Cisco Ethernet switch. The internal two port Ethernet switch allows a computer and the phone to be daisy chained, reducing the amount of cabling and Ethernet jacks needed for the office. The system administrator can designate separate virtual LANs (VLANs) (802.1Q) for the PC and the IP Phone providing improved security and reliability of voice and data traffic.
The Cisco IP Phone 7940G supports inline Power over Ethernet (PoE) which eases installation and reduces clutter in the workspace. The foot stand is adjustable from flat to 60 degrees to provide optimum display viewing and comfortable use of all buttons and keys. The foot stand is also keyed to match standard wall jack configurations for wall mounting. The Cisco IP Phone 7940G is multi-protocol enabled, supporting Cisco’s CallManager Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP).
A dedicated headset port eliminates the need for a separate amplifier when using a headset. This allows the handset to remain in its cradle, making headset use simpler. The Cisco IP phone’s convenient volume control button provides for easy decibel-level adjustments for the speakerphone, handset, headset, and ringer. The handset in Haring Aid Compatible (HAC) and meets FCC loudness requirements for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Section 508 loudness requirements can be achieved using industry standard inline handset amplifiers such as Walker Equipment W-10 or CE-100 amplifiers.
- 2 Programmable Line and Feature buttons.
- 320×222 Monochrome graphical LCD pixel-based display.
- Two-port 10/100 Ethernet Switch.
- Connects directly to an Internet telephone service provider or to a PBX.
- Call hold, waiting, pickup, blocking, transfer (attended and blind), Caller ID, etc.
- Personal directory with Auto-Dial.
- Easy Installation and highly secure remote provisioning.
- Built-in Web Server for administration and configuration with multiple security levels.
- Supports both SIP and SPCP with the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business.
- Perfect for Transaction-type worker.