Each student, upon completion of the course, will receive a printable Certificate of Completion from RedWave Technology Group, LLC. This certificate will contain the date of completion, the course title, and the student name.
- Getting Started with Access – In the first lesson, students will learn how to orient themselves with Microsoft Access 2016, create a simple Access database, and get help in Microsoft Access.
- Working with Table Data – Next, students will learn how to modify table data, work with, sort and filter records, and how to create lookups.
- Querying a Database – This lesson covers how to join data from different tables in a query, sort and filter data in a query, and perform calculations in a query.
- Creating Advanced Queries – In this lesson, students will learn how to create parameter queries, action queries, unmatched queries, and duplicate queries. They will also learn how to summarize data with queries.
- Generating Reports – Creating reports, adding controls to a report, enhancing the appearance of a report, and preparing a report for print are all covered in this lesson.
- Customizing the Access Environment – Next, students will learn about the Access Options dialog box.
- Designing a Relational Database – This lesson covers relational database design, creating a table, managing table fields, and creating table relationships.
- Joining Tables – Creating query joins, joining tables that have no common fields, relating data within a table, working with subdatasheets, and creating subqueries will be covered in this lesson.
- Organizing a Database for Efficiency – In this lesson, students will learn about data normalization and how to create a junction table.
- Sharing Data Across Applications – Next, importing data into Access, exporting Access data to text file formats, exporting Access data to Excel, and creating a mail merge will be covered.
- Advanced Reporting – This lesson covers how to organize report information, format reports, include charts in a report, add a calculated field to a report, and add a subreport to an existing report.
- Additional Reporting Options – In the final lesson, how to create a mailing label report and how to publish a report as a PDF will be covered.