Each student, upon completion of the course, will receive a printable Certificate of Completion from RedWave Technology Group, LLC. This certificate will contain the date of completion, the course title, and the student name.
- The Basics – What better place to start than with the basics? Module topics include how to sign into an account, use the notification icon, and open a notebook. This module concludes with a study of how to use the page tabs.
- Your First Notebook – Next, creating a notebook is covered. The module then looks at ways to create pages and subpages, along with how to work with containers. Entering and deleting text, plus checking spelling, is also covered.
- Formatting Text – The third module focuses on dealing with text, including how to change the font face, size, and color; apply text effects and styles; and how to use the Format Painter. To wrap things up, participants will learn how to remove formatting from text.
- Using the Send To OneNote Tool – The Send To OneNote Tool gets a thorough discussion in this module. How to show and hide this useful tool is covered, along with how to create a screen clipping and how to send information to OneNote. The module concludes with creating a Quick Note.
- Using Basic Note Tools – The effective way to use basic tools are looked at in this module, including creating lists, inserting tables, inserting pictures, creating links, and inserting files.
- Using Advanced Note Tools – This module covers how to use the calculator, add Outlook meetings and tasks, create audio and video clips, draw objects, and use page templates.
- Using Editing Tools – The various features of OneNote’s editing tools are covered in this module. First, how to use cut, copy, and paste are covered. Then the lesson moves on to how to move text with drag and drop. Using undo and redo are also covered. Searching is the final topic.
- Using Tags – Tagging items with OneNote is the focus of this module. Applying tags is covered, as well as creating tags, removing tags, and searching for tags.
- Using Quick Notes and Docked Notes – First up in this module is how to create a Quick Note and how to manage a Quick Note. Then how to dock and undock a window is covered. The module wraps up with a look at how to use linked note taking.
- Sharing Your Notebook – Notebooks can be shared among OneNote users and that is the main focus of this module. How to create a shared notebook is covered and then how to send invitations to that notebook is shown. How to use a shared notebook and how to stop sharing a notebook are also discussed.
- Saving and Printing Your Notebook – This module shows how to save a notebook as a PDF or XPS file. It also shows how to e-mail a notebook or export it. Printing a notebook is covered as well.