Each student, upon completion of the course, will receive a printable Certificate of Completion from RedWave Technology Group, LLC. This certificate will contain the date of completion, the course title, and the student name.
- Handwriting Text – This module allows students to add some creativity to their OneNote notebooks with handwriting. This section covers how to choose a pen, create a custom pen, customize pen mode, handwrite text, use the Eraser tool, and convert ink to text.
- Drawing Shapes, Part One – Shapes can be a vital part of any OneNote file. Students will get a grasp of shape fundamentals in this module with a look at how to insert, resize, move, and delete shapes.
- Drawing Shapes, Part Two – Like all good sequels, Drawing Shapes, Part Two, moves the story of shapes along. Advanced skills covered in this module include how to customize color and thickness options for a shape, choose how shapes are treated, lock drawing mode, and toggle Snap to Grid on or off.
- Advanced Picture Tasks – This module takes an advanced look at picture tasks. When students are finished with this section, they will know how to make image text searchable, copy text from an image, edit alternative text, restore a picture to its original size, and export pictures from their notes.
- Customizing Pages, Part One – Customizing pages is a useful skill. This module teaches how to show and hide the page title and date stamp, show and hide authors, add rule lines, and add a time and/or date stamp.
- Customizing Pages, Part Two – This follow-up module offers further page customization skills for students. Here, they are taught how to change the page size and orientation, customize page margins, change the page color, and create a custom picture background.
- Using Page Templates – Templates allow students to quickly create pages that maintain a consistent look and appearance. Give them the skills to master templates with the information contained in this module. Covered here are the ins and outs of how to create a page from a template, set the default template, save the current page as a template, and delete a custom template.
- Working with Sections and Section Groups – OneNote can be used to group similar pages in a meaningful way with sections and section groups. This module gives students the skills to create sections and section groups, rename sections and section groups, delete sections and section groups, change the color of sections, merge sections, and save sections.
- Syncing Your Notebook – Sharing your notebook allows it to be used from multiple computers. This module takes a look at how to share and sync a notebook for a group of users. Here, students are shown how to share a notebook with OneDrive, view a notebook’s sync status, manually sync a notebook, and sync all notebooks at once.
- Managing OneNote Files – This module delves into skills that advanced users of OneNote will find handy. First up is how to protect a section with a password. Then, students will learn how to optimize OneNote files before learning how to change cache and save locations.
- Backing Up OneNote Files – In computing, a hard-learned lesson is to always back up your work. That’s the focus of this module. Here, students will learn how to set backup options, change the backup location, run a backup manually, and open and restore a backup.