Each student, upon completion of the course, will receive a printable Certificate of Completion from RedWave Technology Group, LLC. This certificate will contain the date of completion, the course title, and the student name.
- Getting Started – The Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 course begins with a look at how to start PowerPoint, create a basic presentation, and close PowerPoint. Then, participants will learn how to sign into Office with a Microsoft account. The module concludes with information on saving and opening presentations.
- Your First Presentation – This module will walk participants through the basics of creating a presentation. First, adding slide content and notes is covered. Then, techniques for selecting text and objects are discussed. Next, editing tools (including cut, copy, paste, undo, and redo) are covered. The module wraps up with information on checking a presentation for spelling errors.
- Creating Slides – In this module, participants will learn how to create, select, move, duplicate, and delete slides. Techniques for changing and resetting the slide layout, as well as creating sections, are covered next. To wrap the module up, participants will learn how to view their slide show.
- Formatting Text – This module introduces participants to PowerPoint’s text formatting tools. Topics include changing font face, size, and color; modifying character spacing; applying text effects; using the Font dialog and Format Painter; and clearing formatting from text.
- Working with Text – Next, participants will learn about advanced text formatting tools, including Find, Replace, bullets, numbers, text alignment, column formatting, line spacing, and text direction.
- Formatting the Presentation – To begin, this module shows how to change the theme and variant for a presentation. Information on changing the slide size, formatting the slide background, and adding headers and footers to slides is also included.
- Inserting Art and Objects, Part One – This module covers adding tables, charts, SmartArt, equations, and shapes to a presentation.
- Inserting Art and Objects, Part Two – This module covers adding local and online images, videos, screenshots, and audio to a presentation. Creating a photo album is also covered.
- Advanced Slide Tasks – In this module, participants will learn how to add animations and transitions to their presentation.
- Viewing and Printing Your Presentation – This module explores the different viewing tools offered by PowerPoint 2013, including zoom commands and Presenter View. Techniques for printing slides, notes, and handouts are also covered.
- Saving and Sharing Your Presentation – Next, participants will learn how to save a presentation as PDF or XPS. E-mailing a presentation, sharing it with OneDrive or SharePoint, and packaging it for CD are also covered. The module wraps up with information on presenting online.
- Customizing the Interface – The final module of this course will show participants how to change ribbon display options, customize the Quick Access toolbar, customize and create ribbon tabs, and reset interface changes.