Each student, upon completion of the course, will receive a printable Certificate of Completion from RedWave Technology Group, LLC. This certificate will contain the date of completion, the course title, and the student name.
- The Basics – The training course begins with a look at how to open Microsoft Visio 2013, as well as how to create, open, and save drawings. Participants are also shown how to sign in with a Microsoft account.
- Your First Drawing – This module gets students into working with the basic features of Microsoft Visio 2013. It covers the Shapes pane, how to add shapes to a drawing, and how to connect shapes together. This module also covers how to use drag and drop; cut, copy and paste; as well as undo and redo.
- Working with Shapes – This third module provides an in-depth look at shapes. Students will learn how to select, move, rotate, resize, duplicate, and delete shapes.
- Formatting Shapes – In this module, students will take a closer look at shapes. Topics include how to apply a shape style, change the fill, change the line color, and add effects.
- Arranging Shapes – The look at shapes continues with this module. Students will learn how to use Auto Align, Auto Space, and Auto Align and Space. It also covers how to change the layout of a page and how to rotate the entire diagram.
- Formatting Text – The course then switches gears to look at text. This module covers techniques to change font face, size, and color; apply text effects; use the Text dialog; change text alignment; and rotate text.
- Inserting Art and Objects – This module focuses on art and objects. Students will be taught how to insert online pictures, local pictures, charts, CAD drawings, and text boxes.
- Formatting the Page – Next, students will learn ways to format a page, including how to change the theme, choose a variant, apply a background, and apply borders and titles.
- Managing Pages – This module allows students to further develop their skills with managing pages. They will learn how to insert pages, browse through pages, rename pages, delete pages, and create background pages.
- The Finishing Touches – This module gives students a chance to polish their files by learning how to check spelling, modify page size and orientation, use Page Setup, and add headers and footers to a page.
- Printing and Sharing Your Drawings – The skills taught to students in this module cover how to print and share drawings. Topics include how to use presentation mode; save a drawing as PDF, XPS, or as an image; print or e-mail a drawing; and share a drawing on OneDrive.
- Customizing the Interface – This final module looks at the interface and tips for customizing it. Students are shown how to collapse and expand the ribbon, customize the Quick Access toolbar, hide and show ribbon tabs, create custom tabs, and reset changes made to the interface.