Each student, upon completion of the course, will receive a printable Certificate of Completion from RedWave Technology Group, LLC. This certificate will contain the date of completion, the course title, and the student name.
- Getting Started – The training course will begin with the basics of Microsoft Windows 7, including an introduction to the desktop. Then, basic keyboard and mouse techniques will be covered. Finally, students will learn about Windows 7 power options (such as logging off, shutting down, and restarting).
- Working with Windows 7 – Next, students will learn about the essential features of Windows 7. First, they will learn how to open a program and identify its components. Then, they will learn about window management features, working with files and folders, and the basics of both menu and ribbon-based interfaces.
- The Basic Windows 7 Applications – In this section, students will learn about three of the most popular Windows 7 applications: WordPad, Calculator, and Paint. Students will also receive an introduction to Notepad, Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, Snipping Tool, and Sticky Notes.
- Doing More with Windows 7 – This section will introduce students to Internet features in Windows 7, with a focus on Internet Explorer 8 and Windows Live. Students will also learn how to make sure their computer is secure when working on the Internet.
- Getting Help in Windows 7 – The final section of this course will focus on Microsoft Windows 7 help features. The Windows Help and Support tool will be covered in-depth. Students will also get an introduction to Remote Assistance.