Each student, upon completion of the course, will receive a printable Certificate of Completion from RedWave Technology Group, LLC. This certificate will contain the date of completion, the course title, and the student name.
- Using File Explorer – To begin the course, participants will learn about the revamped File Explorer application (formerly Windows Explorer). Topics will include using the program, customizing it, and changing folder and search options. Information on the Recycle Bin is also provided.
- Getting Organized – Next, participants will learn how to use libraries and how to search in Windows 8.
- Managing Files and Folders – This section will focus on creating, managing, and editing files and folders. Administrative file tools (including command prompt and PowerShell) will also be covered.
- Sharing Files and Folders – In this section, participants will learn various ways to share, including using the Charms bar and File Explorer.
- Staying Safe with Windows 8 – The final section of this course will cover Windows 8 security tools. Topics will include the Action Center, Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and the Family Safety Center.