Each student, upon completion of the course, will receive a printable Certificate of Completion from RedWave Technology Group, LLC. This certificate will contain the date of completion, the course title, and the student name.
- Creating a Bibliography – Bibliographies are key to many professionally created documents. This module gives students a look at how to: insert citations, manage sources, choose a citation style, insert a bibliography, and update a bibliography.
- Creating References to Other Documents – If you’re referencing other documents in your work, it’s a good idea to provide links to those documents as well. Students will learn in this module about: linking to another document, creating and working with a master document, creating and working with subdocuments, and how to manage subdocuments.
- Creating XML Forms – Forms are very handy for use in several types of documents and creating them in Word 2013 is easy. Students will get a good grasp on XML forms in this module while looking at how to: create a form, insert controls, modify control properties, group controls, protect forms, and how to distribute forms.
- Blogging with Word – Blogs get more popular every day as a medium for distributing your message to the world. Blogging with Word 2013 is very easy and is covered in depth here. This module provides students with tips on how to: create a blog post, use blogging tools, configure a blog account, and publish a blog post.
- Embedding Objects in a Word Document – This module allows you to make use of Word’s ability to create cohesive documents with files from other applications. Covered in this module is how to: add text from a file, create a new object, create an object from a file, and how to link objects to a Word document.
- Working with Sections – Sections are a good way to deal with organization and modifications within a document. This module looks at how to: insert section breaks, customize page setup for each section, navigate through sections, and delete sections.
- Using Building Blocks and Quick Parts – Quick Parts offer lots of pre-made content that can be quickly and easily inserted into a document. In this module students are given a look at how to: insert Quick Parts, use the Building Blocks Organizer, and save Quick Parts.
- Changing Your Styles – Styles are vital for ease of use in documents that require similar formatting. Teach your students in this module how to: change a style set, change a color scheme, change a font scheme, and make those changes permanent.
- Working with SmartArt – SmartArt adds life to documents and can be easily manipulated along the way. This module will show students how to: add SmartArt, add text, add photos, move and resize SmartArt, and delete SmartArt.
- Working with Equations – Equations can add another dimension to any document and is a useful feature of Word 2013. This module looks at how to: insert built-in equations, modify equations, create a custom equation, and save an equation to the gallery.
- Advanced Macro Tasks – Macros save time and effort in the creation of a document and are very useful for repetitive tasks. This module gives insight into how to: copy a macro from a template, assign a macro to a keystroke, assign a macro to the Quick Access toolbar, and how to choose a macro name.