Each student, upon completion of the course, will receive a printable Certificate of Completion from RedWave Technology Group, LLC. This certificate will contain the date of completion, the course title, and the student name.
- Getting Started – The training course begins with a look at how to start Microsoft Word 2013, create a basic document, and then close Word. Then, participants will learn how to sign into Office with a Microsoft account. The module concludes with information on saving and opening documents.
- Your First Document – This module is all about basic document tasks. First, typing, deleting, and selecting text are covered. Then, editing tools (including cut, copy, paste, undo, and redo) are covered. Finally, find and replace tools are covered.
- Formatting Text, Part One – One of Word’s most important features is its wide array of document formatting tools. Participants will learn about the basic tools in this module, including changing font face, size, and color; applying text effects; and using the Font dialog.
- Formatting Text, Part Two – Next, participants will learn about advanced text formatting tools, including styles, themes, document formatting sets, and the Format Painter. The Clear Formatting command will also be covered.
- Working with Paragraphs – In this module, participants will learn how to move text, create bulleted and numbered lists, change line spacing, align and justify text, and use the Paragraph dialog.
- Formatting the Page – Participants will learn how to add a cover page to a document, format text as columns, add a watermark, change the page color, and apply a page border.
- Inserting Art and Objects, Part One – This module covers inserting tables, charts, SmartArt, equations, and screenshots into a document.
- Inserting Art and Objects, Part Two – This module covers inserting local and online images, videos, shapes, and text boxes into a document.
- The Finishing Touches – Now that participants understand all the essentials of working with Word, this module will cover techniques for polishing a document. Topics include running a spell check, inserting page numbers, adding headers and footers, creating a table of contents, and creating an index.
- Viewing Your Document – This module explores the different viewing tools offered by Word 2013, including zoom commands and the new Read mode.
- Printing and Sharing Your Document – Next, participants will learn how to print, e-mail, and share documents. They will also learn how to open, edit, and save PDF files with Word 2013.
- Customizing the Interface – The final module of this course will show participants how to change ribbon display options, customize the Quick Access toolbar, customize and create ribbon tabs, and reset interface changes.