Each student, upon completion of the course, will receive a printable Certificate of Completion from RedWave Technology Group, LLC. This certificate will contain the date of completion, the course title, and the student name.
- Creating Templates – This training module teaches students how to create, save, use, and edit templates, as well as how to attach a template to a document.
- Working with Styles – In this module, students will learn how to create styles, apply styles to existing text, modify existing styles, delete styles, and save style sets.
- Commenting Documents – Comments are a useful tool for dealing with documents and that’s the focus here. The topics of this module include inserting comments, editing and replying to comments, deleting comments, navigating through comments, and showing and hiding comments.
- Reviewing Documents – This module takes a look at tracking changes to a document, navigating through tracked changes, accepting and rejecting changes, and showing and hiding markup.
- Configuring Reviewer Settings – In this module, students are shown how to change the reviewer name and initials, modify track changes options, lock track changes on, and use the Reviewing pane.
- Working with Multiple Documents – Next, students will learn about working with versions, comparing and combining documents, recovering unsaved files, restricting document editing, and password protecting documents.
- Performing a Mail Merge – Mail merge is a handy tool that allows you to personalize bulk mailings. This topic covers how to start the Mail Merge wizard, select a starting document, select recipients for the merge, create and preview a mail merge document, and complete the mail merge.
- Creating Outlines – Outlines are the focus here with a look at how to use Outline view, create an outline, expand and collapse headings, promote and demote headings, and move headings.
- Creating a Table of Contents – This module covers how to mark headings, insert a pre-built or custom table of contents, update a table of contents, and remove a table of contents.
- Creating an Index – An index makes searching through a document so much easier, and working with them is the focus of this module. Students will learn how to mark index entries, insert an index, update an index, customize an index with styles, and remove an index.
- Creating References in a Document – During this module, students are shown how to insert footnotes and endnotes, captions, bookmarks, cross-references, citations, and bibliographies.
- Using Macros – Macros are a wonderful time-saving device in Word 2013. This concluding module teaches students how to record a macro, write a macro using the Visual Basic Editor, edit a macro, and run a macro.