Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, phone systems work very well for small businesses. In fact, recent studies find more than 1 out of 3 businesses are now using VoIP phone systems, with most of them having less than 50 employees.
VoIP phone systems have been around for a decade, so why has the utilization suddenly increased?
Here are some key reasons:
- Networks are expanding rapidly as more advanced data networks become available.
- Due to LAN and IT services dominating the market, VoIP phone systems are a logical addition.
- Highly integrated applications are becoming more popular. VoIP services compliment them perfectly.
- Cloud PBX services are widely used and have boosted the VoIP systems’ sales market.
- Hosted PBX services, for most industries, are a essential telecommunication service.
- Many businesses are outsources their IT staff with the economic downturn, making a VoIP phone system ideal for cutting costs.
- Businesses of all sizes are switching to VoIP systems because more businesses are having to cut costs due to economic conditions.
Why are VoIP systems getting more popular?
- Scaling options have increased confidence in consumers for VoIP systems.
- VoIP systems are have been thoroughly tried and tested, so all the initial test features and bugs have been worked out.
- Businesses typically purchase new telecom equipment each decade.
- Traditional phone systems are becoming obsolete for business solutions, rapidly being replaced by VoIP systems.
- Companies such as RedWave Technology Group, LLC are offering complete package bundle deals, making switching to VoIP a streamlined and headache-free experience.
- The quality of VoIP systems have significantly improved since its introduction.
- There are many features that VoIP has to offer including, called ID, music on hold, virtual extensions, dial-by-name directory, call recording, call forwarding, call routing, call reports, call logs, call transfers, call queues, intercom, desktop integration, unified messaging, online fax, ring groups, Visual Dial Plan Editor, Find-Me Follow-Me, speed dial, customer schedules, remote acces, online PBX controls, voicemail, auto attendants, and LDAP Integration.
On top of the new technological benefits that come with VoIP phone systems, they also save money. This is because calls travel over the internet which makes calls within the company usually free. VoIP calls placed to a number on the public switched telephone network will still be charged. However, the charges will still be less compared to traditional telecom solutions. Light Reading, a telecommunications research firm, found that VoIP calling can save up between 50-70% compared to traditional phone calls. For most companies, telecommunications ranks in the top 5 expenses of a corporate budget, thus making those savings very significant. If a company does business with vendors overseas, savings are tremendous compared to international long-distance calling.
RedWave Technology Group, LLC is your source for VoIP Phone Systems, Accessories and Installation for Birmingham, Alabama and surrounding areas. If you would like a free consultation the call us at 205-917-5757 or contact us online here.